And here we are! The biggest night of Hollywood was a little bit boring yes, but there were beautiful dresses which is what matters to us. So, here are my winners of the night:
1. Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera: I will never tire of saying that Carolina Herrera never dissapoints, and there was Tina wearing this gorgeous peplum dress, I was totally speechless. Tina Fey is known for being quite simple and subtly elegant on red carpets, and this time she showed up with her regular navy blue, but wearing a fantastic custom design by Carolina Herrera that totally wow’ed. Just keep getting better Tina!
2. Glenn Close in Zac Posen: This was fabulous and original. Glenn wore this beautiful gown, in a dark green color, matched with a jacket that looked very much as a tuxedo jacket, and the whole thing was just perfect. Well duh, is Zac Posen right? Loved the accesories, the hair, the attitude. She was simply fantastic. I like how modern she looked, she doesn’t look ‘old’, she actually looked fresh and truly enjoying herself. Fabulous.
3. Penélope Cruz in Giorgio Armani: Chanelling a little Grace Kelly look, Penelope attended the Oscars wearing this gorgeous, flowing, custom blue gown. A beautiful dress from every angle, and she looked great in it. Loved the accesories, clutch in the same color as the dress; and the hair with that little vintage look. Perfect all the way.
4. Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab: Milla’s look was the big hit of the night in my opinion. She was stunning, gorgeous. Great dress, great hair and great make-up, especially that beautiful red lipstick. I think eveything was exactly as it should be in her outfit. Loved the nails matching her dress.
5. Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford: Apparently white was the color of the night and there was Gwyneth wearing an amazing Tom Ford design with cape and everything. I truly believe only she can wear stuff like this. I love that she is quite thin, but doesn’t look too thin. I didn’t like the hair, or the make-up but the accesories were pretty good. In general she did great.
Note: JustJared, how I love your HD extra large pictures.